One of the biggest responsibilities managers take on is finding ways to minimize the costs associated with operating a fleet. Fuel management just makes the process a lot easier.
Here's how fuel management can help you calculate your fleet's average fuel consumption rate.
Fleet management and fuel economy for your business
Fleet management comprehensively monitors vehicles and collects data when each vehicle is running. On each trip, the system automatically tracks fuel consumption levels and records fuel burn rates.
Using this information, Telematics collects all vehicle data and converts it into easy-to-understand information and compiles it on the manager's fleet platform.
The types of information collected for key fuel efficiency include:
- A complete history of vehicle use
- Vehicle routes
- Maintenance issues
- Free time
- Driving behavior
Now, managers will have full access to fleet diagnostics and valuable insights, enabling them to make informed decisions on how to improve their fleet for a bigger, greener business.
How to improve vehicle performance
Managers are always looking for fresh and innovative ways to keep up with their fleets and get the most out of their work operations. Since fuel is one of the most valuable resources in use, managers need to take the necessary steps to ensure that it is not wasted.
- Instant reading of fuel levels
- Track and improve fuel efficiency
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Immediately notify the manager of the fuel change
A fuel management system can give you detailed information about your fleet's fuel economy. You can determine if your fuel usage is increasing due to incorrect tire pressure, misaligned tires, or vehicle weight.
All of this ultimately helps managers better automate fleet fuel consumption performance, making fuel monitoring an important part of fleet management.
Fuel economy definition
Fuel economy is the distance a vehicle travels at a given amount of fuel, which means it is a form of vehicle thermal management that measures how much fuel energy a vehicle consumes and converts it into kinetic energy for travel.
Fuel economy technology shows that vehicles with reduced fuel consumption burn less fuel than other vehicles and produce lower levels of carbon emissions.
So, how does a fuel management system work to save energy?
WITH GPS TECHNOLOGY, THE FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CAN AUTOMATICALLY CREATE DIFFERENT CHARTS TO COMPARE FUEL USAGE BASED ON PREVIOUS TRIPS. THESE CHARTS PROVIDE BUSINESS OWNERS WITH OPERATIONAL INSIGHTS THAT HELP IDENTIFY VARIOUS TECHNOLOGY AND USAGE-RELATED ISSUES.
Fuel consumption management is very beneficial for fleet managers because, simply, it reduces operating costs. Fleet management also provides a complete transportation overview to easily manage fleet operations and business logistics in the current economy.
The fuel management system provides you with accurate data on:
- Cost per mile
- Fuel theft
- Driver behavior (dangerous driving, speeding, engine idling)
How to reduce fuel consumption with fuel monitoring
Fuel bills seem to be growing every year, so fleet managers use tricks to give their tanks a break when it comes to planning, budgeting, and managing fuel costs.
- They investigate how their team of drivers operate their vehicles and can better change their driving behavior through training。
Poorly driven vehicles consume more fuel than expected and cause future maintenance problems.
- Vehicle inspection Bad driving habits can lead to damage to the vehicle, so frequent inspections are recommended.Whether the vehicle has any maintenance issues that could lead to excessive fuel use and maintenance costs.
- Route management. Finding the most fuel-efficient route avoids excessive fuel consumption and shortens overall lead times. For more fuel-saving tips, double-click here.
The impact of fuel price fluctuations on costs
AMID THE UPS AND DOWNS OF SOUTH AFRICA'S ECONOMIC FUEL PRICES, MOTORISTS ARE FINALLY GETTING SOME GOOD NEWS FROM THE SOUTH AFRICAN AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION (AA), JUST IN TIME FOR THE NEW SPRING.
截至 2022 年 <> 月生效的當前燃料統計數據如下。
- 95 UNLEADED GASOLINE UP TO R2.60 PER LITER
- 93 PB-FREE WILL REDUCE R2.45 PER LITER
- IT IS EXPECTED TO REDUCE R2.30 PER LITER OF DIESEL
- LIGHTING PARAFFIN REDUCED BY ALMOST R2.00
THIS RESULTS IN A GASOLINE COST OF APPROXIMATELY R22.00 PER LITER.
Due to fluctuating fuel prices, fleet managers may find it difficult to plan fuel budgets and manage costs, especially if they don't have a robust tracking tool to help keep up with changes in fuel prices.
Benefits of fuel management
A good fleet manager can split their attention between all the factors that affect their team. If you manage your fleet effectively, you'll notice that fuel economy is just one of the many hurdles you have to address.
- Fuel consumption management
- Internal and external fuel fraud
- Unnoticed fuel leaks
- Complex and time-consuming fuel reporting
How can fuel management tools help solve these problems?
- Improve accuracy – Get data on fleet travel and calculate fuel consumption for fuel monitoring systems. You can also save the data for later analysis with the help of an automatic fuel control system.
- Improve fuel efficiency - With this, you can trackYour vehicle maintenance andDriver route. Implementing efficient driving routes is necessary to make cost-effective decisions so that the abuse of excessive fuel consumption can be eliminated.
- Reduce fuel theft - Fuel theft is considered a big problem in the fleet industry. Using a fuel monitoring system can reduce fuel theft attempts by implementing solutions by recording fuel consumption, fuel-related expenses, and identifying safety issues within the fleet.
- Automatic Reporting - Receive real-time reports on events such as fuel levels, unauthorized vehicle usage, and frequent engine idling so you can investigate your mileage as well as any irregular fuel economy.
- Stay compliant – Fuel consumption software will ensure your fleet meets emissions standards. There are many places where CO2 emissions are strictly regulated.
Managers can access information from their laptops or mobile phones because the software allows remote use. With this and an internet connection, you don't have to deal with outdated inventory or tank management in the office. You can do everything almost anywhere.
Reduce fleet costs with a trusted fleet management company
Cartrack's smart dashboard provides fast fleet monitoring for your entire fleet and offers more benefits to other managers.
Learn more about fuel consumption and fix it with Cartrack fleet management solutions.
Visit us today and start saving fuel.